Don't just dream it, stream it!
Introducing Pocket Concerts Live: Extraordinary listening experiences, in your favourite chair.
Dear fellow artists and concert presenters,
Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, this is a time of uncertainty for many of us, and most organizations are canceling their upcoming live performances. This is the right thing to do in the interest of public health. It also delivers a major blow to many artists’ income, and robs us of the ability to do what we love: sharing our music with the world.
But there's hope.
Starting right now, we are turning the Pocket Concerts Facebook and Twitter pages into hubs for sharing live stream concerts online. We want to share your events with our community of music-lovers so that you can continue to do what you love, and continue to make some money while you’re at it. This service is open to anyone in the world, and the more people use it the more effective it will be, so spread the word!
To be featured in our daily listing, just follow these steps:
1) Create a post with the performance details (date, time, and a link to the ticketing page or the live stream)
If you’re an artist or a concert presenter, we encourage you to do the following:
1) If you have already scheduled a concert and are thinking of canceling it, write to the ticket holders and ask if they would consider watching it via live stream instead. You might be surprised how many people want to continue to support you!
2) Set up "live stream ticket sales" or a donation option through an online platform like Eventbrite or Brown Paper Tickets. Don't under-sell it! This is your livelihood.
3) Pick a streaming platform and get to know it before the concert date. We recommend using Chrome as your browser and doing an unlisted YouTube Live stream. This is easy to set up and it allows you to share the video with only people who have the link.
4) Share the method of your live stream with ticket holders and go to it! You can start with a laptop webcam or a smartphone and a tripod.
We'll be posting helpful tips and tricks on live streaming in upcoming posts, so stay in touch, check in regularly, and send us questions!
Please share this message widely and encourage your friends to use #musicathome so that we can spread the word about their online events. We hope this will spark the beginning of a new global community of chamber music lovers!
Yours in music,
Rory and Emily
Pocket Concerts Co-directors